Organizations applying must meet the following criteria:
- Have current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be located in, and serve, Texas.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- Applications and requests must be submitted at least 3 months before the date of the event or the date funding is needed.
- Awarded sponsorships range from $50-$500.
- Checks to individuals will never be written or considered. All checks will be made out to an organization after a formal invoice is submitted.
- Daniel Stark participates in a limited number of volunteer activities outside of our own. This includes but is not limited to: walks, fundraising events, home-building initiatives, etc.
- Submitting an online application does not guarantee a sponsorship.
- Management will meet to discuss if the opportunity meets our sponsorship requirements.
- Input from the entire Daniel Stark team will be requested for any group volunteer requests.
- A response will be provided via email within 6 weeks of your request.
- Please note that Daniel Stark takes its community service efforts very seriously and handles all requests in a professional, positive manner. We do our best to help as many people and/or organizations as possible; however, we have a yearly community service budget to which we must adhere. If a request is denied, we ask all applicants to handle this denial in a professional, positive manner and reapply again in the future. If a denied applicant is not professional and positive about the decision, the applicant and/or organization will not be considered for any future sponsorship requests—no exceptions.
Programs that will be considered for sponsorships include, but are not limited to:
- Camps and programs that provide FREE entry for children from low-income families.
- Drive requests (food drives, toy drives, etc.)
- Drop-off location requests
- Educational in-person opportunities, such as Love of Reading week, career day requests, etc.
- Fundraising events (walks, races, tournaments, dinners etc.)
- Advertising or video projects
- Athletic sponsorships for snack bars, equipment, uniforms, tennis shoes, workout attire, etc. (This applies for both teams and events.)
- Contests or pageants
- Fund requests for renovations to buildings, schools, homes, or churches.
- Funding trips to foreign countries or luxury travel (this includes sports/school trips).
- Field trips
- Nationally-sponsored events
- Memberships, including association/chamber memberships.
- Organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status.
- Organizations or programs that do not benefit communities within the facility’s service area.
- Organizations whose programming or policies may position Daniel Stark in a negative light, e.g. alcohol, politics, tobacco use.
- Organizations whose services do not benefit the community at large.
- Organizations that euthanize animals.
- Organizations that hold animals captive (e.g zoos, etc.).
- Political campaigns
- Registration fees
- Requests made on behalf of another organization or by an unauthorized representative of the recipient organization.
- Requests made solely to benefit one person or family.
- Salaries, bonuses, or rewards
- Tuition for any educational grade-level
- Tickets for contests, raffles, or any other activity with prizes.